Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Photo of the Day - Family Tradition:

2010-02-14 - Daytona 500-50

Sorry for the late Tuesday post! I will have Wednesday's post up and ready to go for you all bright and early tomorrow so be sure to check it out! Busy night last night full of getting caught up as well as a special photo shoot but that's reserved for tomorrow's post!

The above photo is one of the few that I have managed to edit so far from this year's Daytona 500. Once I got home I was so wiped out I didn't even have the energy to import the shots from my memory card and Monday wasn't much better so hopefully I will get around to working through some tonight. If I do I'll update this entry with a link to the gallery.

Anyway, as the title of the photo indicates, the Daytona 500 has kind of become a family tradition for me and dad over the years and honestly I don't even remember how many we've been to. I know we've been going for well over 10 years and have always sat in the same seats. We've had some amazing experiences (meeting Dale Earnhardt after he won), seen some unbelievable tragedies (watching Dale Earnhardt's final lap), and some unbelievable racing. It's always an adventure and something we have always enjoyed doing together. I even went last year with less than 2 weeks left before the bar exam - brought my books with me to the track and everything but the best part of that day was just getting away from it all and being with Dad. A year later, not much has changed and as always the race (even with all of the delays for track maintenance and crazy traffic) was a blast!

2010-02-14 - Daytona 500-505

2010-02-14 - Daytona 500-508

Thanks for stopping by today and like I said I will update with a link to the gallery as soon as I get through the shots but will try to hold off on making it another NASCAR photo of the day. Speaking of upcoming photos of the day you can't miss the rest of this week! Tomorrow I'll have a few shots from last night's photo shoot and then on Thursday you've gotta stop by for our first ever guest blog entry! I'll announce who it is tomorrow so stay tuned! See you then!

No comments: