Thursday, February 21, 2008

Turning a new page
Turning a new page
Originally uploaded by tbd7182

First off I figured I would give this another shot. I enjoy photography and it will be a great way to post and talk a little more about what is going on in my life. I do need to give a special thanks to a friend & fellow photographer Doug who's blog I have enjoyed quite a bit, reading his has inspired me to give this another shot. His is great (and much more informative than mine - I mean come on, the guy is a minor league umpire how cool is that - so check it out here

It was an interesting day for me. The title of the picture says it all. Today was my last day at my clerkship at Camerlengo & Brockwell P.A. I truly love working there but with my course load and everything going on in my life right now it is not fair to the office for me to only be able to sporadically be in the office. So today was a day to say goodbye for now. Hopefully if time permits I can make my return this summer. Either way I have made some great friends and learned a ton about practicing law and how to do it the right way. I was truly blessed to have the opportunity.

The next stage of my day was spent on campus where I met with one of the deans of the law school in an attempt to save our December 2008 graduation. To read a little more about this see the article here . The article is just OK but I imagine some of the facts on both sides are a bit off. The fact of the matter is, a lot of people are affected by this decision, including myself and I would like to find a way, any way, to ensure we can have a commencement ceremony. We should hear more about the fate of the commencement soon. Here's hoping.

The rest of the day was spent in class and now relaxing before I get to work on school stuff tomorrow. Another reason the blank page photo speaks to me right now is because that represents the paper I'm working on this semester - lots of thoughts, no writing - hopefully that will change soon as well.

TD

1 comment:

douglaslevyphotography said...

Dude, what's up! I found it (through your Flickr page.) I'm adding you to my google reader.