Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Fly by
Fly by
Originally uploaded by tbd7182

Another great weekend! Britt had the weekend off so we definitely took advantage. Friday we went to the movies for the first time in almost 2 years! It's not THAT crazy since we're pretty big Netflix people. Too many noises/loud people etc for me and I'm easily distracted, so why not wait a bit and just watch it in the comfort of our own home. We were planning to see Juno, but somehow the times I looked up on line were not correct so we ended up seeing Semi-Pro. Unfortunately my worst fears of watching a movie in public were recognized no less than 20 minutes into the movie when a guy in the row right behind us starts LOUDLY snoring. How do you do that? I mean really. What an expensive nap! Now back to the movie - I enjoy most of Will Ferrell's work so I thought it was good, but not one of his best. Being basketball themed definitely didn't hurt. I think he is funnier as a supporting actor as opposed to the lead, that and his SNL stuff was the absolute best so maybe my expectations are a bit too high.

Saturday we were in Gainesville most of the day for the basketball game vs. Mississippi State. Everything leading up to, and after the game was great, good food, good to see my parents and friends etc. but the game was tough to handle. I'm afraid with this loss it will put UF in the "outside looking in" for the NCAA tournament which is a bit tough to swallow. This team, compared to some I have worked for at UF, is more talented and should be in the tournament, but they've had too many (freshman) slip ups on the way (FSU, OSU, LSU) are probably going to be a bit too much for the selection committee to overlook. I hope I'm wrong, but I think without a very good showing against UT & UK, and in the SEC tournament I'm afraid we're out. Time will tell.

Sunday was another relaxing day and ended with a trip to Dogwood Park . We had been telling the dogs all weekend that we were going, and Otis actually knows the word so he was definitely ready for the trip. This was Kohana's first time so, once she figured out what the hell was going on, and that she wasn't one of 2 dogs on the planet, she had a great time running, playing, and watching the other dogs. Most importantly for me, I had a chance to take the D300 out to shoot for a few hours. I really needed to get out and it takes my mind off of school when I can get out and shoot for a bit. Click here to view the full set! Some of the shots came out alright, but more importantly I think we all had a chance to get out and have some fun.

The rest of this week is going to be pretty rough as I get ready to take the MPRE on Saturday. Hopefully once that is done I will have more time to write - if anyone even reads this thing. *unsure*

No comments: