Monday, October 26, 2009

Photo of the Day - Mandarin Sunset:

09032009-03-09 County Dock039-25

Now that we've made our trip through the Great Smoky Mountain National Park it's time to bring the photo of the day back home (or at least where home used to be). This small public dock on the St. Johns river was one of my favorite places in all of Jacksonville and one that I miss the most. It wasn't just a great place to take in a sunset on the river it was also an amazing place to relax, watch the fish jump, watch others fish, or boats pass by. Any time I was having a bad day or just needed to get away, this dock was only a few miles from home. I got the relaxation and solace I was looking for and most times I came back with a great photo or two.

This photo was taken on my last visit to the dock. At the time I didn't know it would be my last but things got so busy towards our move I didn't manage to make that one last final hurrah. Sometimes it is better that way. Looking back, I wish I would have made it out there more, but I also cherish the times I did go and hope I can make it back sometime. Either way I'll never forget it!

Sunsets are great on Monday because that means that the first day of the week is almost over! Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to check out my site and my twitter! See you tomorrow!

No comments: