Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Photo of the Day - Play at the plate:

USM v. UF Baseball - Game 2-279

Ok so riddle me this. The first time I put a photo of myself as the photo of the day my blog has the most hits in one day! Must be like watching a train wreck or something. Thanks for all of the positive feedback on the photo and other things and I will definitely keep you updated when I finally get some content up on that web page and other work news. Alas, the show must go on, and without me in the photo. In some more work related news and an update from yesterday's post I survived the hearing and we accomplished all that we needed. Live to fight antoher day!

I figured for today I would post a baseball photo since tonight is the first night of the World Series and I am sitting outside on my new porch by the pool watching the game while relaxing in our comfortable new patio furniture - loving it! Even though my team isn't in it this year, the post season in most pro sports is a lot of fun to watch.

I took today's photo during this year's NCAA Super Regional where the University of Florida faced off against the University of Southern Mississippi. I had a blast shooting some games throughout the regular season for Gator Country and I was honored to be invited to help out for the post season as well. I leanred a ton about shooting baseball from an amazing photographer Tim Casey. I give him all the credit for helping me get my start in sports photography. He has been so patient with me, open with ideas and suggestions, and has helped me gain access to some events that I would have had NO business being involved in. I certainly can't say I'm an exceptional sports photographer, but I certainly know much more about it on many levels thansk to Tim.

Unfortunately UF fell short in the best of three series and this photo of a play at the plate was taken towards the end of the second (and last) game in the series. I can't even begin to explain how tough baseball can be to shoot, especially at night but thanks to my experiences and some luck I managed to cover the play. The rest of the set from game two of that series can be viewed here and the set from game 1 if you are interested can be viewed here .

Thank you so much for stopping by yesterday and for making it one of the busiest days on the site! I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am. Please feel free to leave your comments or insights of your own on here or on Facebook and be sure to check out my web page ! See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get picture! Tim Casey is awesome, I'm glad he gave you some pointers. Keep up the good work!