Thursday, November 12, 2009

Photo of the Day - Brrrrr!

2512779801_ebcda3eb2c_o

Whew! Another late entry tonight. It's been a busy day filled with work, an awesome Emerge Lakeland event, and some house organization before this weekend.

The "hot" topic of the day around here is how cool it is! I swear I think it went from 78 degrees to 58 overnight! The cooler weather is definitely welcome considering how warm it has been this far into November. When I walked out of the house this morning I couldn't believe it!

The above photo was taken in Jackson, Wyoming during my cross country road trip. The winter of 2008 was a pretty severe one up there and it lasted longer than normal so when we went on our trip there was a significant amount of snow still on the ground. Up to 6 feet in some areas and on some trails. Being a native Floridian I haven't ever seen this much snow on the ground, let alone walked on it so I was in for quite an experience hiking on some closed/snowed in trails in Grand Teton National Park. We stopped to eat lunch at Jenny Lake and I honestly couldn't resist making my first effort at a snow man - in May! I definitely enjoy the cool weather but have decided I could definitely do without snow. The rest of the set from that day of the road trip can be viewed here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I truly hope the rest of your week is cool, but not too cool! :-) Please be sure to stop by my website and I hope to see you back here again tomorrow for another photo of the day!

No comments: