Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Photo of the Day - Huh?

644329842_2e4757cb8c_o

Huh? What's that sound? Oh it's our alarm sounding not once but TWICE today! As new homeowners, one of the things we had installed to protect our beautiful new investment was a security system. The house was already pre-wired so it wasn't nearly as expensive as it could have been but it was still a full day installation. Everything is all set up and we even had a "pet friendly" motion sensor installed. Unfortunately, when they designed this piece of equipment they clearly didn't have our Rat Terrier Otis in mind. We're not quite sure how he's doing it but he is becoming a pro about getting attention from us and from the alarm monitoring company. Hopefully we can figure it out soon since we could do without having the alarm company call twice a day and I imagine his ears could use a rest from that siren. :-)

This shot was taken very early in my digital photography history. I was testing out a new 50mm f 1/8 and the only subject I had was Otis. He was watching and very interested in what I was doing but he wasn't being a very coopertive subject. I finally crossed the line of frustration and asked aloud "why aren't you helping me out here buddy?" and for a split second he turned his head and I ended up with the above shot. It is definitely one of my favorites of Otis and it really speaks to his personality. I see it often and I'm always reminded of this day and the fun I had shooting.

Thank you for stopping by on this Tuesday's version of my photo of the day! If you haven't been in a while please make sure to check out my website and please keep your eyes peeled for new updates! See you tomorrow!

No comments: