Monday, November 16, 2009

Photo of the Day - Memphis Blues in Red:

2493405119_a3847d9a38_o

Back in the work week again. Man how that weekend flew! Some of us may have had the blues when we walked into work this morning but the good news is Monday is almost over! I had a great weekend but it was SO busy!

As some of you may know in the summer of 2008 I took a cross country trip from Jacksonville, Florida to Seattle, Washington with one of my best friends to deliver a vehicle to another one of our great friends. Long story short - He got a job in Seattle but left his car behind due to how quickly he needed to start work and due to the expense of having it shipped out west. We were discussing this during basketball season before a game and I (only half seriously) suggested that if he could wait until this summer, I'd be happy to drive his car out to him. Summer rolled around and he got in touch after he had moved out asking me if I was still interested. I honestly hadn't thought about it since I half heartedly mentioned it to him so I said I'd get back to him. The more I thought about it, the more appealing it became but I still needed a travel partner. I called the only person I could think of that 1. I could handle riding in a car with for 10+ days and 2. that had a schedule as free as mine and after a call his flights were booked from Portland to Jacksonville. That's right, he flew here to drive back with me. Now THAT is a best friend.

So after my spring semester of law school was over (literally the DAY after my last final), we were off. The route wasn't a direct one because 1. we wanted to see some of this amazing country and 2. it wasn't our car :-) Kidding of course. This photo was taken at the end of our first leg from Jacksonville, FL to Memphis, TN. After some adventures at the hotel we headed out for dinner on Beale Street and came across Rum Boogie a blues cafe. We ate outside so we could take in the sights on the street but were still able to hear the great music. After we finished dinner we headed in to listen some more and so I could get a few shots of the musicians. This is one of my favorites. The lighting and his face really set the mood for me and even though the lighting is red, you can tell the blues are running strong.

I will be running a series of photos of the day over the next few days from this trip to show some of my favorite pictures from the trip as well as to force myself to finish blogging about it. I know it has been over a year already and we had so many amazing experiences but life has been crazy. Still no excuse. Be sure to read my full blog entry on day 1 and stop by tomorrow for another installment of my photo of the day!

No comments: