Monday, December 21, 2009

Photo of the Day - Gingerbread Tree!?!?!

3139598447_9523ed463e_o(2)-2

Another work week has snuck up on us again but there is hope for this one since it is likely you won't have to work all week thanks to the Christmas holiday! Most of my shots this week will be themed around the Christmas holiday so prepare yourself. This shot is of a gingerbread tree that my wife and I made along with a gingerbread house last year. Making anything out of gingerbread before these two things and it was really a lot of fun. Eating them wasn't all that bad either :-) I chose this shot today because earlier this evening I was cruising through friend's photostreams on Flickr and came across this shot by a great friend, fellow attorney and photographer Bill Miller. As I've said here before, perspective is everything and in Bill's shot confirms it for me. He has taken a relatively ordinary and often photographed holiday decoration and put a whole new spin on it. I love it. My shot has the same idea in mind but I was able to get a really unique perspective on our "tree" since it was only about a foot tall. :-) If you get a chance be sure to check out the rest of Bill's stream he's really got some great stuff.

Once you're done ooing and ahhing about how great Bill's work is be sure to stop by my photostream or my webpage to see what is new. Thank you for stopping by today and be sure to check back in tomorrow. Hope you've gotten all of your holiday shopping done but let's not forget what this season is really about. See you tomorrow!

No comments: