Monday, February 22, 2010

Photo of the Day - One year ago...

"Bar Prep"

There are certain times of the year in my life that I will remember. Most are important family dates, birthdays, and holidays but there are a few other dates that always bring back memories each year. The last Tuesday and Wednesday of February each year will always bring back interesting memories and strong emotions since a year ago today (and tomorrow) was when I sat for the Florida Bar Exam. I won't get into all of the trials and tribulations of the preparation and stress I went through from December 2008 to February 2009 but it is a period in my life that I will never forget. No matter how much stress I may be going through I can look back to these two months and know that if I made it through that and managed to pass, I should be able to fight through just about anything.

If you're interested in reading my blog posts about the bar exam it is a 5 part series Part 1,Part 2,Part 3,Part 4,andPart 5. That should keep you busy for a while!

The above scene greeted me when I arrived in Lakeland before heading to Tampa for the test. My mom always has a way to help lighten the mood and this was just what I needed! The below shot is of my survival kit that I brought with me to have in the hotel room in Tampa to bring a smile to my face and help cut the stress just a bit.

My bear necessities for the Bar Exam

Well all the preparation and rubber chickens must have worked because here I am a year later as a member of the Florida Bar. I know I couldn't have done it without my great family and friends and I am so thankful for you all! I do know some sitting for the bar tomorrow and I wish you all the best of luck and know that if you have put in your time preparing you will pass with flying colors! If you're not sitting for the bar today and tomorrow be thankful and chances are regardless of how bad/stressful your day may be, there are 5,000+ others who are having an even more stressful day.

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to stop by again tomorrow for Wednesday's photo of the day! See you then!

No comments: