Wednesday, June 02, 2010

2010-05-07 - TPC 2nd Round-266

Hey everyone! Man, this really has been a short week. It's already Wednesday night! That's a good thing I guess, as long as you have done something with the first half of the week. Tonight I'm going to post a few more shots from the 2nd round of the Players Championship that I took a few weeks ago while helping the Florida Times-Union. I have been a little slow at getting some of these published 1. because I haven't had a ton of time to edit and 2. I don't want to have 4 consecutive days of golf posts. I love golf, and taking photos of golf, especially at the highest level played, but you may not.

My second day shooting the Players went a lot better for me. I'm not exactly sure what the deal was my first day shooting but I just wasn't feeling it yet and was just trying to get acclimated with the tournament after a year off. I also didn't get an inside the ropes credential and that is my fault since I didn't ask for one. Big lesson here - if you don't ask, you never know. Turns out I was on the list the whole time but I neglected to ask so I wasn't as close to the action. With that said, I did manage to work my way inside the ropes a few times and was close enough to get some shots but it just didn't feel right and it showed as I didn't have many photos I was blown away with (or my editors for that matter). Anyway, for day two I was ready, inside the ropes and much more in the mood to properly cover the action and it showed in my work.

The more I read this as I type the more I don't like the feeling I'm getting from my explanation about the first day of shooting. I did my best and worked as hard as I could and definitely got some usable shots but I knew I could do better and I got my attitude in order for day two. Enough of that. On to the photos:

2010-05-07 - TPC 2nd Round-44

2010-05-07 - TPC 2nd Round-207

2010-05-07 - TPC 2nd Round-328

2010-05-07 - TPC 2nd Round-60

2010-05-07 - TPC 2nd Round-103

2010-05-07 - TPC 2nd Round-81

2010-05-07 - TPC 2nd Round-377

If you'd like to see the rest of the set be sure to click here

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back in for at least one more post before the week is over! See you soon!

No comments: