Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The difference between utility and utility plus beauty is the difference between telephone wires and the spider web...

2010-05-22 - Spider-80

Hey everyone! Kind of odd to take it from baby photos and beach/sunset shots to spiders but hey, I've got to keep you on your toes! I took these shots on Saturday night when I was out in the garage. I noticed a spider had built a web from our roof to a bush nearby so I worked in and got a few shots. As I discussed with a fellow photographer who asked me about it, using the 60mm macro that Nikon makes can get pretty interesting when I'm working that close to a subject with fangs. It's all worth it though because I truly believe the 60 is the sharpest of the Nikon macro glass.

I've told the story before but the worst it has gotten for me is having a banana spider fall down my back between my shirt and back while I was shooting another banana spider in front of me. I guess I bumped the web and the spider fell off, right down my back. I still get chills thinking about it but we both survived to live another day.

Here are a few more shots from my nighttime spider shoot:

2010-05-22 - Spider-5

2010-05-22 - Spider-14

2010-05-22 - Spider-65

2010-05-22 - Spider-79

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have enjoyed the shots and hopefully they didn't creep you out too much! Be sure to stop by again soon!

1 comment:

Velvet said...

love the second to last shot! nice work, tim!