Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A Fiery Fourth:

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-77

As promised (but still almost late) is my "explosive" post and a short recap of our 4th of July. My celebration started a little earlier than some since I turned 28 on the 1st of July. I always love this time of year since I get to celebrate my birthday and then enjoy a great weekend with family, friends, and even some fireworks! I had a great birthday dinner and celebration and I can't tell you how special it was to get to share it with my son for the first time. He's already the best gift I could have ever asked for so the rest is literally just the icing on the cake.

Unfortunately if you were in central Florida you had to deal with the constant rain all weekend like we did. Even with the constant rain on Sunday we were not going to be deterred and headed out to the Lakeland Flying Tigers baseball game. As always it was great fun and they won 14-0 (wow!). Here are a few shots of Riley and Britt in the stands during the game:

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-19

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-8

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-30

After the game the rain really got going fortunately our seats were just barely under the cover so none of us (and none of my camera gear) got wet. We were definitely concerned that the concert and fireworks would be canceled but the show went on and we were not disappointed! Here are a few of my favorite fireworks shots from the celebration of our country's independence:

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-86

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-45

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-64

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-79

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-133

2010-07-04 - Independence Day-155

2010-07-04 - Independence  Day-38

If you'd like to see the rest click here to see the full set of photos on Flickr. Not that I claim to be an expert at shooting fireworks but my way of doing things definitely gets some good results so I plan on posting a "How to" blog about shooting fireworks sometime soon so stay tuned if you'd like to know my method.

Hope everyone has a great week and thanks for stopping in & hope to see you back here soon!

1 comment:

RowdyReptile said...

Great shots!