Monday, October 12, 2009

Photo of the Day - Look but don't touch -

Safety Glass

I figured I'd add a shot with a little sting in it since the coming of a new week (especially Monday) may sting for some. This photo was taken at the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, Georgia while we were visiting for the SEC Basketball Tournament. This aquarium is one of the best and one of my favorite areas to go to and shoot is the jellyfish area. The lighting of the jellyfish in the darkness and the blue background can make for some really vivid shots but sometimes it takes a little more than that to add context and really make a shot.

After I shot a few closeups of different jellyfish I was definitely satisfied with the shots but there was really nothing that stood out to me until this little guy decided it was his turn at the glass. I can't blame him, I was probably taking to long and was definitely in his way since I was unaware of his presence. Once he stepped in front of me and began to take it all in I stepped back added him into the composition and had the shot. Watching him enjoy beauty of the color and jellyfish was quite an experience but hopefully he learns like most children do, that the age old phrase "look but don't touch" applies to delicate things as well as jellyfish!

Once you're done feel free to browse around my webpage . Please feel free to leave a comment or if you have any questions about the photo contact me: timdarby@verizon.net. Have a great week everyone and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: