Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Photo of the Day - Let the Streamers Hit the Floor:

451866121_2b1b9f678e_o(2)

Ok! Back on track - a little late but still on the right date! Another busy night filled with working late and a mayoral victory party which was actually a jump off party for the run-off. Exciting times in local politics in Lakeland Florida! The run-off should be even more exciting and I look forward to following the race closely! May the best candidate win!

On to the photo! I am still in a basketball mood this evening and this photo is a reminder of one of my favorite memories of Florida basketball. This photo was taken from our seats at the 2007 National Championship game when the University of Florida defeated Ohio State. This shot is a symbol of a lot of things for me. It reminds me of all of the hard work I, along with hundreds of others, put into this basketball team in order to get it to where it now is. It reminds me of leaving a year too soon and missing out on not one but TWO national championship rings - ;-) I'm not bitter. It also reminds me of law school. As odd as it may sound, I made the decision to take a vacation with my wife and friends in April before my law school exams were to take place in May. Maybe it wasn't that extreme of a decision since I survived my first semester of law school after driving to Indianapolis for the first Final Four and National Championship, but it was still a lot to handle.

Law school and basketball were two competing interests in my life at the time. My going to the game and then later passing all of my exams proved to me that these two competing interests could both survive and be a part of my life and I am happy that they both still are today.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will check in and see what I have in store for tomorrow! See you then!

No comments: