Monday, November 02, 2009

Photo of the Day - A New Season!

08120812- UF v. UCF Basketball021-25

First off I must apologize for missing the photo of the day yesterday. I had plans on doing the post early (during my lunch break) since I was going to have a very busy afternoon/night. Unfortunately that didn't happen and here we are.

I will still count this as Monday's post and hopefully I will be able to make another post around the regular time this evening. On with the photo.

Today's photo as many of you may know is of the University of Florida's Men's Basketball Coach Billy Donovan during the UF vs. UCF basketball game that I had the opportunity to shoot last season. This post was more significant yesterday since the Gators had their first exhibition game of the season last night. That game is part of the reason (other than poor time management) that I was unable to post a timely photo of the day yesterday. I absolutely love this time of year because of the cooler weather, football season, and the start of basketball season.

My roots are in basketball and that has really been where I grew up as a "sweathog" for Florida Southern Basketball, then as a volunteer manager for them, and then I had the opportunity to work for Coach Donovan as a student manager and then a program assistant (not the same as an assitant coach) during my college years. Man I have had some great experiences and have plenty of stories to tell! I can't wait for the regular season to start and I am excited for both my Florida Southern Mocs and my Florida Gators!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I am sorry my Monday post is late but hopefully I can get back on track here today. Please be sure to check out my webpage if you haven't already and be sure to stop by later today for Tuesday's photo of the day!

No comments: