Monday, January 11, 2010

Photo of the Day - Some Warmth:

1109736455_bb152ca606_o

Since we haven't had much of it down here in Florida over the past week or so I figure I would try to warm things up a bit with a sunny shot for Monday. In case anyone out there was wondering, we DID get snow in Lakeland early Saturday morning but we did not get any at my house. We may have but it definitely wasn't around when we got up. Staying in bed is made much easier with this cold weather! Unfortunately it was a tough sports weekend for me as both my Division 1 basketball team and my Division 2 team lost on the road but life, and the season, must go on. I hope things will pick up for both teams soon.

The above shot was taken on a warm summer day in 2007 at a Jacksonville Suns baseball game with a close friend and fellow photographer who is now living in London. I imagine we could both use some sun to warm things up this week!

Today also would have been my boyhood dog Spunky's 16th birthday. He passed away this summer but I'll never forget January 11th or him for that matter. This shot of him and our 2 pups waiting for him to get to the gate for a visit always brings a smile and some warmth to my heart:

3116656542_2b8c3c4d24_o(2)


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you back again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Awww...Happy Birthday Spunky :)I know you miss him, what a cutie he was.