Friday, January 08, 2010

Photo of the Day - Will it or won't it?

2513607826_095de68573_o



The weekend is finally almost here and I couldn't be any more ready! It was a great week but I'm beat. Hearing that there was a possibility for snow tonight and tomorrow morning, once I made it home from the office I climbed up on the roof and finally installed my weather station so I could document just how cold it gets. If you want to see what the weather is like on TOP of my house check out the live updating data frommy personal weather station. I think it would be pretty historical for it to snow this far south and I know it has been a long time since it did so - 1977 I believe. I'm ok for a little on the ground and some flurries but I don't want it anything like it was in the above photo. This shot was taken while on my cross country drive from Jacksonville, Florida to Seattle, Washington. This was just as we were entering Yellowstone National Park in late may and there was still this much snow on the ground - crazy! The car in the frame is what helped us travel safely from Jax to Seattle and I used it to kind of show the scale of how much snow was still left. Being a native Floridian I had never walked on snow until we were out on some pretty serious trails (the few that weren't closed and some that were) where I learned by doing. Sometimes I learned the hard way, which can get pretty interesting while wearing thousands of dollars of camera gear :-)

So the question of the night and in the morning - will it or won't it? If I don't sleep through it I'll have photographic evidence and if I do sleep through it at least I will be warm and well rested! :-)

Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday!

No comments: